As we ease into the deep heat of the Summer I have been contemplating the spaciousness of this time of year. We are approaching the Summer Solstice. The days are long and luxurious. I feel so blessed and want to share.
- I am grateful for my good health, the joy in my heart as I get up everyday to teach Anusara® yoga and support teachers all over the world through ASHY to become Anusara® certified, Anusara® Inspired or Anusara® Elements Teachers.
- I am grateful for a loving yoga community here in NYC and in Japan.
- I am grateful to be a part of the global community of Anusara® School of Hatha Yoga and the couragous yogis who continue to work to bring this yoga of the heart to students all over the world.
- I am grateful for my loving partner, my family (who is coming to NYC for a visit next week), and my dear friends.
- I am grateful to have known Arnie Weitzman and shared a deep affection and friendship with him for over 15 years. I am grateful for my friendship with his dear wife, Suki. Rest in peace, dear friend. You are missed.
- I am grateful to my connection to Siddha yoga over the years and especially to my connection and partnership with Rudrani Farbman. I cannot imagine my life without her love and support.
- I am grateful for my lovely home on the Upper West side and all my fun neighbors.
- I am grateful for all my students at World Yoga Center, Equinox Fitness and Pure Yoga West. I have met so many great yogis over the years at these wonderful places.
- I am grateful to Yasushi Tanaka, Sawako Tayu and Tomoko Oda for sponsoring and supporting over the past 9 years to bring Anusara® Yoga to the students and teachers in Japan. May we continue to support the yogis of Japan to stay connected to their hearts.
As we prepare to go to the Zendo for our only retreat there this year in a few weeks I want to thank Roshi and the staff of Dai Bosatsu Zendo for welcoming our group there for the past 15 years. It is heaven on earth and we cannot wait to be there again soon.
This practice is so empowering. I recommend you try it especially when you are going through a transition. I am going through one right now that would so bring me down the rabbit hole of self-judgement and unworthiness. I am choosing to see this shift as a great opportunity opening ahead.
Since we are not doing a Fall retreat if you cannot come this summer, please come to Samavesha in September 17-21 in Arizona. It is the first gathering of Anusara® Yoga since the new school formed. Go to www.anusarayoga.com/samavesha for details.
I send you all much love and please visit my website for the upcoming retreat. www.jackieprete.com/retreats.
With deep love and respect,